Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping
Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping allows the admin to create a custom shipping method where the shipping rate is calculated based on the unit distance between the store's warehouse and the customer's delivery location.
- Shipping rates based on the distance between the delivery location & warehouse
- Uses Google's Geocoding API for the distance calculation
25% of customers abandon their cart because of shipping costs - Barilliance
The human tendency to avoid the shipping cost as much as possible is not unknown to us! The E-commerce store owners often face customer rejection because of the high shipping cost. Also, merchants are finding it difficult to calculate the shipping cost that does not affect the profit margin as well as customers' decision to purchase. Meetanshi has developed Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping extension to solve this problem.
The Magento 2 distance based shipping calculation extension allows you to create a custom shipping method to calculate shipping charges based on the distance between the warehouse and the customer's delivery location.
The default Magento 2 offers shipping methods like flat rate shipping but it does not suit every business. Moreover, it is unfair that a customer living in the area within 1 km and the customer living 10 km away from the warehouse, both have to pay the same value for the shipping service.
The Magento 2 Distance Rate Shipping eliminates this biased shipping process. Instead, it uses the official Google's Geocode API that offers the geocoding and the reverse geocoding of addresses.
Benefits of Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Extension
Implement distance-based shipping rates in Magento 2 store using the Magento 2 Distance Based Shipping Method module.
Easy integration of Google Geocode API for the distance calculation to apply the distance-based shipping charges on orders using Google Map API key.
Facilitates the "Warehouse Manager" backend grid to manage the warehouses for the distance-based shipping calculation.
- Option to set a custom title for the shipping method.
- Option to set a custom name for the shipping method.
- Option to configure custom error message to display on the frontend.
- Select one of the options for the warehouse selection in frontend:
- Warehouse with lowest shipping cost
- Warehouse with highest shipping cost
- Option to set one of the preferred distance units:
- Enter the shipping amount to set shipping cost based on the from and to distance.
- Shipping cost calculation based on one of the two types:
- Fixed: Calculates and applies a fixed amount for the shipping cost.
- Per Unit: Multiplies shipping cost with the distance per unit (kilometre, meter, yards or miles as selected).
- Option to set the minimum and maximum order amount to allow using this shipping method.
- The admin can also set the maximum distance allowed for the shipping.
- The admin can select the countries to allow using the shipping method.
- Option to show method only when applicable.
- The admin can add new warehouse and enable it after entering the details like street, city, country, state, and zip code.
- From the frontend, customers select the nearest warehouse, i.e., the pickup address, to get their product delivered and add the shipping address to get the shipping rates calculated for their orders.
- The distance-based shipping rate is displayed under the order summary at the checkout page.
- Customers can see distance-based shipping method details in their My Account section under their order view section after the order is placed.
- The admin can also see the location wise shipping charges applied to customers' order from the sales order view in the backend.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please
15 Apr, 2021
- Added backend option for the warehouse selection.
29 Jan, 2021
- Shipping method rates update based on the selection changes of country, region and zip code.
14 Jun, 2020
- Compatible with Magento 2.4 and minor bug fixes.