Magento 2 Shipping Per Customer Group
Magento 2 Shipping Per Customer Group allows the store owner to charge different shipping rates based on the customer groups.
- Set shipping cost per customer group
- Encourage users to upgrade their customer group
"It costs five times as much to acquire a new customer than to keep an existing one."
The E-commerce business owners often focus on customer acquisition and overlook the importance of customer retention and degradation. Convincing the customers to upgrade their customer group may be challenging, but Meetanshi has developed Magento 2 Shipping Per Customer Group extension that helps the business with the same.
Existing customers are easier and cheaper to sell. Increasing customer retention by 5% increases profits by 25% to 95% and by offering right shipping rates, you can build more loyal customers who produce higher lifetime values and profits for your business. You can offer loyalty rewards like free shipping to your existing customers and encourage other customers to keep coming to avail the benefit of the free shipping.
The extension allows the admin to set a custom shipping rate for each customer group from the backend. Charging different shipping rates for each customer group will encourage the lower tier customers to upgrade their membership and hence contribute to long term relationship with your business!
Moreover, when the business is serving a VIP customer, lower or no shipping cost facility is often expected. As the default Magento 2 does not allow such specific shipping rates, the extension can be helpful.
When customers become aware of what value they are getting in terms of shipping costs if they upgrade their customer group, they will be prompted to do so. It becomes possible only with the help of Meetanshi's Magento 2 Shipping Per Customer Group extension!
Benefits of Magento 2 Shipping Per Customer Group Extension
The extension allows the admin to configure different shipping rates for each customer groups.
Option to set the default shipping cost. If the customer group is not assigned any rate, the default shipping cost would be charged.
The customer group wise shipping charges applied are displayed on the cart page and checkout page.
- Option to set custom shipping title.
- Option to set a custom shipping method name.
- Option to set the default shipping cost. If the customer group is not assigned any rate, the default shipping cost would be charged.
- The admin can select how to calculate the shipping rate:
- Per item
- Per Order
- The admin can set the custom shipping cost for the customer group by selecting the group and adding the rate for the selected customer group.
- The admin can allow only the selected countries to use the shipping method.
- Option to show the shipping method even if not applicable.
- The customers can check the shipping method applied from their "My Account" section.
- The admin can check the shipping method and the charges from the order view backend.
- Encourage customers to upgrade their customer groups.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please
18 Mar, 2021
- Added the option to calculate rates per item or per order.
09 Nov, 2020
- Compatible with Magento 2.4 and Minor bug fixes.