Magento 2 Shipping Per Category
Magento 2 Shipping per Category by Meetanshi allows charging shipping rates based on the product categories for effective shipping management.
- Configure shipping methods based on the categories
- Supports backend orders
Shipping is an integral component of every online store conversion. If you run an online store that needs to deliver physical products, you need to make sure that the order fulfillment cost does not exceed the profit. A reasonable margin between the cost of shipping and the profit must be maintained.
There are different strategies to do so, and one of them is to configure shipping based on the categories of the product. However, the default Magento 2 lacks this feature. Hence, Meetanshi has developed Magento 2 Shipping Per Category extension that enables charging different shipping rates based on the categories in the store.
The Magento 2 Shipping Method for Category extension allows the admin to offer different shipping methods options for each category. For example, categories with delicate accessories need extra care or one-day delivery is only affordable for lightweight items. In such cases, you can restrict the one-day shipping method for other category products. And, charge the shipping rate of one-day delivery for the lightweight product categories only.
Limit the shipping methods offered based on the product categories with the Shipping Method Per Category Extension for Magento 2.
Benefits of Magento 2 Shipping Per Category Extension
Allows charging shipping costs based on the product categories in Magento 2 store.
Backend option to configure the error message when a user tries to opt for the unavailable shipping method.
The admin can enable the shipping method to charge shipping per category for the backend orders only.
- Allows charging shipping costs based on the product categories in Magento 2 store.
- Option to set a title for the shipping per category shipping method.
- Option to set shipping rate per item or per order.
- Option for shipping rate calculation:
- Sum of Rate
- Maximum Value
- Minimum Value
- Option to set the method name for the shipping per category shipping method.
- Option to set default shipping cost to charge on orders if no cost is assigned for the categories individually.
- "Shipping Rate" category attribute to set per category shipping cost.
- Set handling charges to apply on orders.
- Select countries to allow using Magento 2 shipping per category shipping method.
- Set the minimum and maximum order amount to charge shipping per category.
Only registered users can write reviews. Please
12 Mar, 2021
- Added the option to calculate rates per item or per order.
- Added 3 rate calculation types as sum of rates, maximum value and minimum value.
09 Nov, 2020
- Compatible with Magento 2.4 and Minor bug fixes.