The release of Magento 2.3.2 comes with a boost to performance and security features.
The announcement of the release of the upcoming version was made at Magento Imagine, 2019, and since then, we would not keep calm!
Magento 2.3.2 Release Date
The latest version, Magento 2.3.2 is released on June 25, ’19, empowering the developers’ to fulfill the clients’ requirements with more substantial results and store owners to grow their business exponentially!
The latest versions of Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source are now available. Release highlights include security, performance, and productivity. More information: https://t.co/qN4QkB7kZz#MagentoCommerce #MagentoDevelopers pic.twitter.com/DfR3aJNQrI
— Magento (@magento) June 25, 2019
So, what’s in Magento 2.3.2?
- 130+ Product Quality Improvements
- 75+ Security Improvements
- 356 Closed Issues
- Braintree Payment method integration with checkout
- Bluefoot Data Migration Tool (Only for Magento Commerce)
- Storefront Accessibility Improvements
- Google Chart API updated to Image Charts
Security Enhancements in Magento 2.3.2:
Magento 2.3.2 version comes with upgraded security encryption, requirements, and configurations. However, to leverage these updates, Magento instances require a modern, secure version of libsodium.
The merchants using the open source platform are required to install libsodium version 1.0.13 or later before installing Magento 2.3.2 as it supports stronger encryption functions with particular compatible versions supported by the new release.
One can download the libsodium version 1.0.13 and later from here.
However, for merchants using the Magento enterprise edition, the upgrade to Magento 2.3.2 automate the update of the required libsodium version.
Other security enhancements are:
- Google reCAPTCHA module for PayPal Payflow checkout
- Amazon Pay PSD2 compliance
Improvements in Performance with Magento 2.3.2:
- Significant storefront page load time improvements under load (20%+) due to optimization in logic of concurrent access to the block cache
- Faster product page gallery loading
- Speedy page rendering
You can always refer the techniques to speed up Magento 2.
Features in GraphQL:
- Expanded GraphQL coverage for cart/checkout
- Caching for GraphQL queries
Progressive Web Apps:
- PWA Studio continues to build out the concept for functional and data components through the Peregrine library.
- Ability to reuse and scale components for frontend requirements
- Upcoming release in phase for Peregrine functional and data components, starting with the Search component
Read everything about Magento PWA Studio
Improvements in Merchant Tools:
Asynchronous admin operations for tasks like:
- Generate discount coupon
- Bulk product edit
- Data export
Not only these but the list of improvements continues, comprising of enhancements and improvements in the Magento checkout, cart functionalities, Magento inventory (previously known as Magento 2 Multi Source Inventory), shipping and much more!
I strongly recommend using the latest version of Magento 2 to offer the best shopping experience and advanced security in the store. You can download it from here. Do check the Magento 2.3.2 system requirements prior to installation.
Also, with the end of support for Magento Commerce 2.2.x on December 31, 2019, it is essential for the merchants to upgrade to the latest Magento 2 version.
Other releases with Magento 2.3.2:
- Magento Open Source 188.8.131.52
- Magento Commerce 184.108.40.206
- Magento 2.2.9
- Magento 2.1.18
- Magento SUPEE 11155
Check the release notes for Magento 220.127.116.11 for Open Source as well as Commerce edition here.
Do share your thoughts about the latest version in the Comments section below 🙂
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.