Top 10 Best Courier Services in India
The market value of the E-commerce industry in India is estimated to reach 200 billion U.S. dollars by 2027 as per Statista.
Also, the pandemic gave an unexpected boost to the online shopping preferences among consumers. While staying at home was the need of the hour, fulfilling daily requirements were addressed thanks to shipping and courier logistics!
With the exponential growth in the E-commerce industry, delivery services have seen a rise in business. It leads to increasing shipping service companies and competition.
Hence, online store merchants may find it difficult to choose the best shipping service in India for delivering their products to customers on time.
Keeping in mind various factors such as timely delivery, costs, tracking facility, available platforms for integrations, nature of the products to be delivered, and many more, I have compiled a list of the top 10 best courier services in India.
Top 10 Courier Companies in India:
Read in more details about each of these shipping aggregators to manage the deliveries while you can work on improving the quality of products, expanding the business, and marketing and not worry about the shipping system. Choose the best courier company in India for your business with the help of this guide.
Best Courier Services in India for Online Stores:
DHL is one of the best couriers services in India that you can leverage not only for shipping in India but for international couriers too. DHL is awarded the most popular shipping service in India.
DHL has its network in over 220 countries and delivers over 1.5 billion parcels per year. It offers a wide range of logistics solutions that can be customized based on the business requirements to enhance your supply chain.
If you choose DHL as the shipping service for your business, it offers various benefits like additional payment options, preferential rates, access to shipping tools, and of course efficient shipping!
The DHL Express offered by DHL is a fast door-to-door courier service that offers a wide range of express parcel and package services and a tracking facility backed by an experience of 50 years in shipping! It is regarded as the fastest courier service in India.
The DHL eCommerce offers international standard parcel delivery for your customers. DHL E-commerce owns a worldwide shipping operation network that offers domestic and international delivery at discounted costs.
If you choose DHL for your business’ shipping system, you do not need to worry about pickup, delivery, and return. Also, it takes care of the customer experience by updating about shipments via email or SMS and delivers six days a week.
If you are a large business that delivers a huge amount of products, DHL, regarded as the best courier service in India, is for your business!
- International express deliveries
- Global freight forwarding by air, sea, road, and rail
- Warehousing solutions
- Worldwide mail deliveries
- Customized logistics services
- Targets for logistics-related emissions be zero by 2050
- Package tracking
- Integrates with major eCommerce platforms
- 24/7 international support
- Offers refunds for service failures on its part
- Less significant in the US
- No transparent pricing plans
Considered one of the top courier companies in India, FedEx reaches out to over 7000 pin codes in India!
There are three options for your business when you choose FedEx, FedEx flat rate, FedEx surface shipping, and FedEx International.
You can count on FedEx for shipping your products to customers that are fragile or delicate. They also take care of the climate-controlled shipping services for temperature-sensitive and decayble products.
FedEx carries out more than 15 million shipments each business day to more than 220 countries and territories around the world. Backed with such a huge experience and being a global leader in shipments, you can trust delivering your products to your customers on time!
Also, if you are an online business dealing with health care and medicines that need to be shipped with care and urgently, FedEx medical shipping supplies and logistics services. It includes:
- Specialized packaging
- Proactive monitoring
- Real‑time intervention
- Customer-specific shipping solutions
Deliver your product with the right care and at right time and save lives!
As per Builtwith, FedEx ranks third in India in the category of popular shipping providers. So if you are looking to enhance the shipment system of your store, FedEx is for you!
- Cash on Delivery Service
- SMS and Email tracking
- Pick up from multiple locations
- Includes insurance coverage on packages
- Ships packages weighing up to 150 lbs.
- One of the cheapest courier service in India
- Offers weekend deliveries
- Comparatively less pick-up and drop-off locations
- Service-based pick-ups
You may also check: Magento 2 Partial Payment
Bluedart is an Indian logistics company that offers courier delivery services and offers secure and reliable delivery to over 35,000 locations in India. It is safe to say that Bluedart is one of the best shipping companies in India for your E-commerce store.
By 2019, Bluedart expanded its reach to more than 14000 pin codes and it is voted as the “Most Trusted Brand” by Reader’s Digest multiple times.
India’s most awarded logistics company also offers E-commerce solutions that one can use for their online store shipping management.
Concentrate on business development while Bluedart will take care of logistics for your store.
It manages all your shipping requirements from bulk movement, a dispatch from multiple warehouses, or even reverse pickup requests!
Moreover, it introduced a locker service for E-commerce packages in 2015 to resolve the issue of failure in delivering the parcels. The 24*7 service allows the person to collect their parcel at their convenient time if they are not available at the assigned address for a long time. Leveraging such services for your online business will only improve the customer experience of your store!
Bluedart’s E-commerce initiatives include E-vision and E-Shipping Tools to enable global connectivity to Blue Dart’s present and future interactive technology strengths.
Bluedart’s eFulfillment solution suite includes seamless integration with your platform, easy return management, and flexibility to work with multiple delivery providers at the local level!
- Support for COD in domestic delivery
- Facilitates late pickups and early deliveries
- Rush delivery available
- A reliable E-commerce shipping solutions in India
- Hassle-free account creation and use
- On-time delivery guaranteed.
- Ability to schedule the delivery time.
- Rush delivery available.
- A bit expensive
DTDC is an Indian courier delivery company that handles 12 million shipments every month! It is one of the most preferred logistics companies in India.
DTDC operations are backed with efficient technology to incorporate facilities like the end to end tracking, data availability on the web for customer reference, and automated reports to manage a large number of shipments without any issues.
DTDC offers a corporate tracker facility for online businesses that have to deliver a large number of shipments each day. Under this feature, the business owner can log in to their DTDC Customer portal for tracking their shipment status.
- It offers various facilities for E-commerce business:
- Corporate Tracker
- Bulk Tracker
- Web pickup
- Door to door delivery for businesses and individual customers
- Schedule drop-offs
- Does not deliver on Sunday
Delhivery is the largest express parcel transportation network with fully integrated and self-owned pickup, mid-mile, and delivery operations in India. This E-commerce logistics solution reaches 20 households every second in India.
According to Builtwith, Delhivery is the 6th most popular company in India among shipping providers. It owns 85 fulfillment centers, 70 hubs, 5000 trucks and reaches over 2500 cities to complete over 850M orders!
Delhivery partners with more than 7500 businesses to leverage excellent infrastructure and technology and improve their service.
Delhivery was awarded the ET Startup of the Year Award in 2019 with praises for reaching the remote corners of the country, encompassing more than 17,000 pin codes, and creating impact by being a full-stack logistics platform.
It started as local food and flower delivery in Gurugram and eventually recognized the potential of the logistics sector. By now, its value is considered to be $1.5 billion!
- Schedule pick up
- Real-time tracking
- Easy returns
- WhatsApp Support
- Flexible payment options
- On-demand delivery
- Same day delivery
India Post was founded by the Government of India on October 01, 1854, and is generally known as Post Office in India. It is one of the most reliable and cheap courier services in India that can reach out to your customers even in the most remote locations. With more than 1.55 lakhs post offices operating in India, you can count on India Post to deliver the parcel to your customers on time!
They have one of the extensive coverage across the entire nation and offer affordable yet appreciative services. For E-commerce startups, India Post can be a blessing!
India Postal Service charges rupees 15 for shipment up to 50 grams. Also, you can enhance the customers’ shopping experience when delivering through India Post as it allows them to track your parcel online. Besides, one can also opt for SMS delivery notifications.
India Post handles order returns like a pro. The return management system is a part of any E-commerce shipping provider and India Post returns your payment back on the same day!
India Post offers nationwide as well as international deliveries for your E-commerce business.
- Offers COD facility which is why IndiaPost can be considered as best courier service for online business
- Efficient return management
- Cheaper prices
- Strong network
- No deliveries on Sunday
Shiprocket is one of the best E-commerce shipping solutions that is trusted by over 1 lakh brands to handle their logistics.
Shiprocket handles over 2 lakh shipments daily in over 220 countries and 27,000 pin codes. Trusted by reputed brands like MamaEarth and Gillette, it is an all-in-one E-commerce solution for your business’ shipping requirements.
The shipping rates start from Rs. 22/500g. Partnered with over 17 courier providers, Shiprocket guarantees seamless shipping to E-commerce businesses.
Shiprocket facilitates online businesses to select a delivery partner for every order. It can decide from the carriers based on the price, pick up or delivery region, and their preference. Also, they can also sync their orders from all channels and ship them from one platform.
The courier logistics provider facilitates businesses with features like multi pickup location, live rate calculator, bulk order processing, and the best support service!
- An automated NDR panel
- An automated return management
- An automated shipment tracking
- Maximum insurance coverage for lost shipments
- Order tracking via SMS and Email Notifications
- Chat, call and Email support service
- Not appropriate for small business
Gati offers the best courier service for Ecommerce, be it B2C, B2B, or C2C. It offers extraordinary customer service and helps improve the customer retention ratio for your online business.
There are various types of services offered by Gati E-connect:
|Name of Service||Facilities offered|
|Reverse/Exchange Pick up|
|Cash on Delivery|
Gati’s integrated and IT-backed multi-modal network of air, road, and rail coupled with Pan India warehousing facilities across the country provides customized supply chain solutions to customers across industries.
- Pickup facility
- Express Delivery
- Support for cash on delivery
- 24*7 customer service
First Flight Couriers is a courier logistics provider trusted by well-known brands like Myntra, Jabong, Naaptol, Reliance, Godrej, SBI, TVS, Tata, and many more.
First Flight Couriers offer a fast and reliable shipping service for your E-commerce customers with end to end tracking facility. It offers email tracking and SMS tracking, a trait much needed to be included in the list of top courier service in India with evolving technology and the increasing importance of customer experience!
First Flight Couriers cover nearly 4500 pin codes in India and they ship to over 220 countries with 10 offices operating worldwide.
It works in sync with your timelines to help grow your online business. To attend to critical situations when it comes to shipping, First Flight Couriers offer priority service namely First Flight First. It offers time-bound consignment delivery such as door-to-door time-definite delivery, delivery by the end of the day, and delivery within 48 hours for out-of-city limits.
- Pickup Request
- Robust software system for reverse logistics
- Offers same day and next day delivery services
- Limited coverage
Ecom Express is an end-to-end logistics solution provider that offers quick, reliable, and safe nation-wide express delivery services to the E-commerce industry.
With coverage over 27000 pin codes and more than 2650 cities, Ecom Express offers the seamless distribution of your online store’s parcels to your customers!
Ecom Express is trusted by leading E-commerce businesses such as Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Zivame, Zara, H&M, Nykaa, Snapdeal, LimeRoad, PayTM, Titan, Ajio, Club Factory, and many more.
Ecom Express has won several awards and recognition such as CII Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence (Scale) Awards 2020 For “BENCHMARKING FOR BEST PRACTICES”, “Best E-commerce Logistics Partner” and many more.
- Offers COD option
- Facilitates tracking of parcels
- Nationwide Express Delivery
- Pickup Facility
- Try and Buy
- International Shipping Facility is absent
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Shipping Service for E-commerce:
- Cost-effective – Check if the shipping costs and product manufacturing costs do not end up with no profit margin. Go through all the pricing plans of the top shipping companies in India and choose the one which has the perfect balance between charges and business requirements fulfillment.
- On-Time Delivery – Timely delivery is a must-have guaranteed feature and cannot compromise it. Your customer experience may be adversely affected if late delivery happens. Customers may lose interest in your business if you make them wait for their package to arrive even after the expected delivery date.
- Region laws – Check if the courier company abides by all the laws of the government related to shipping and consumer rights.
- International support – If you are offering your products to international customers, make sure that the courier service you choose is functional at the global level too. Parcel your product to every corner of the world with the help of your logistics partner.
- Tracking – The tracking facility helps the customer to check where their parcel has reached. It is a must-have feature in modern online shopping. Even if the parcel fails to reach them on time, the tracking facility lets them ensure if their parcel is on track or missed out. Hence, make sure that the shipping service offers a tracking facility.
- COD Facility – Check if your shipping service provider supports the “Cash on Delivery” payment method. It helps attract more customers and win their trust for your business. With this feature, you can expand your business, earn customer credibility, and increase impulse purchases. Even customers without a credit card can easily purchase at your store with a COD facility.
- Easy account management – A feature-rich merchant dashboard can be helpful to manage your account and convenient to make sure that your shipping system is in order.
- Popularity – Select the courier service that people trust and hence not be doubtful while purchasing at your online store.
If you are a Magento 2 store, Meetanshi offers a prominent Magento 2 shipping extension, i.e. Magento 2 Sequel Logistics to integrate Sequel API with Magento 2 to make the most out of Sequel Logistics for delivering high monetary value and time-critical healthcare products around the world.
- Online tracking facility
- Easy integration of Sequel API with Magento 2 using the Sequel URL [EndPoint], Sequel Token, and Sequel FromStoreCode obtained while registration with Sequel.
If you are just starting your online business, and you need to also set the best payment gateway for a secure online payment system in your store, you can refer to the guide to the best Indian Payment Gateways.
Or for Magento store owners, you can simply opt for Magento Payment Gateway Extensions!
I hope the above guide is helpful to choose the best courier company for your E-commerce store!
People also Search For:
- Best Courier Services in India
- Best Courier Service in India
- Cheapest Courier Service in India
- Fastest Courier Service in India
- Top Courier Companies in India
- Top Shipping Companies in India
- Best Shipping Companies in India
- Best Courier company in India
- Best Courier Service for Online Business in India
- List of Top 10 Courier Companies in India
- Best Courier Service for E-Commerce in India
- Best Courier Service for Small Business in India
- Best and Cheapest Courier Service in India
- Best International Courier Service in India
- Cheapest Domestic Courier Service in India
- Best Courier for E-Commerce in India