Magento 2 configurable product is the complicated version of simple products where each combination of product options has a unique SKU with the ability to track stock inventory of every variation.
For example, a dress with 5 colors, available in 3 sizes is a configurable product with 15 unique combinations of color and size. Instead of overwhelming the visitor with 15 products, he can choose one option and easily make the purchase. That’s the flexibility offered using this product type!
However, the method to set Magento 2 configurable product price is different from that of the simple product and the post shows how to do so. Unlike Magento 1, the product price is ignored and the simple product price is taken into consideration. Each child product has a unique price. When a visitor chooses the option of a configurable product, the price is displayed accordingly.
The steps shown below are in accordance with the latest Magento 2.3.0 version.
Method to Set Magento 2 Configurable Product Price:
- Log in to Admin Panel
- Go to Catalog > Products.
- Select the configurable product you want to set the price for.
- Under Configurations, click Edit Configurations.
- Select the attributes, attributes value, and set the bulk images and price.
- Click Next, and save your configuration.
- The Product grid shows the price of child products as shown here. These prices can also be edited.
Method to Set Magento 2 Configurable Product Advanced Price:
- Choose either the simple or configurable product and click on “Advanced Pricing”
- Note that the advanced price once set for the configurable product, can’t be edited.
- In Advanced Price, you can set the special price, its date of application, cost, and customer group price.
That’s all about managing the prices of configurable products. However, you can effectively manage the prices with Magento 2 Hide Price extension!
Please feel free to post your doubts in the Comments section below and I’d be happy to help ?
Don’t forget to reward the post with 5 stars ⭐
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.