Magento 2.4.5 Release – Everything You Need to Know [August 09, 2022]
Magento 2.4.5 release is finally available! 🚀 Read what’s new here.
On August 09, 2022, Adobe has finally rolled out the Magento 2.4.5 release for general availability.
This time Adobe has worked very hard on the updates, and the latest version of Magento 2 is the outcome of it. According to the official Adobe Commerce DevDocs, the Magento 2.4.5 release contains over 290 quality fixes and enhancements. Moreover, Magento 2.4.5 is much better in terms of performance, security, and platform experience.
It is a great news for everyone in the Magento community to see the platform thriving with amazing feature updates and enhancements. Store owners can now upgrade Magento store to the latest Magento 2.4.5 for improved eCommerce operations.
Adobe Commerce 2.4.5 is here! 👀 Look for:
✔️ Improved performance like 3X higher order throughput
✔️ Support for larger, more complex catalogs
✔️ Optimized GraphQL API
✔️ Accessibility enhancements for those with limited vision
— Adobe Commerce (@AdobeCommerce) August 9, 2022
Let’s have a glance at what’s new in Magento 2.4.5.😃
Magento 2.4.5 Release Highlights
- Fixed over 290 quality issues and enhancements.
- 20+ security fixes and enhancements.
- Improved performance – 3x higher order throughput.
- Support for Composer 2.2, TinyMCE 5.10.2, and jQueryUI 1.13.1.
- Compatible with Page Builder v.1.7.2 and PWA Studio v.12.5.x.
- GraphQL enhancements.
- Apple pay is available for all merchants.
- Built-in Google Tag module to upgrade to Google Analytics 4.
Everything You Need to Know About Magento 2.4.5 Release
There are plenty of new things for the Magento enthusiast in the latest release of Adobe Commerce. Magento 2.4.5 release comes with plenty of improvements and bug fixes. The highlights of the Magento 2.4.5 release notes are provided here briefly:
According to the official Adobe Commerce DevDocs, the Magento 2.4.5 release contains 20 security fixes and improvements. Therefore, making it a big release from the security point of view. Some of the security enhancements of Magento 2.4.5 are listed below.
- Google reCAPTCHA support to Wish List Sharing, Create New Account, and Gift Card forms.
- Added the ACL resources to the inventory.
- Inventory template security enhancement.
- Inventory template security enhanced.
Adobe has worked a lot on enhancing the platform for the developers in the Magento 2.4.5 release. Here are some of the platform enhancements in the latest Magento 2.4.5 release.
- Support for Composer 2.2, TincMCE 5.10.2, and jQuery 1.13.1.
- DHL integration schema updated from v6.0 to v6.2.
- All outdated Js libs have been updated to the latest version in Magento 2.4.5.
- Twenty composer dependencies updated to the latest version.
Magento 2.4.5 release comes with plenty of GraphQL performance enhancements for the developers. The Magento 2.4.5 release includes:
- Faster rebuilding of unified storefront GraphQL schema on deployment.
- GraphQL API capability to consume the authorization token expiration date/time.
- Allows to disable the session cookies for all GraphQL operations completely.
- Session usage has been removed from the
In the latest Magento 2.4.5 release, team Adobe has added Apple Pay as a new payment option. There are also a few changes in the PayPal and Braintree payment options. The highlights of the payment enhancements in Magento 2.4.5 features are listed below.
- Apple Pay is now available for all merchants.
- The PayPal Pay Later option is now available for merchants in Italy and Spain.
- Store admin can now preview PayPal Credit card & Pay Later buttons in the backend.
- Removed Braintree KNOUNT fraud protection from the Magento 2.4.5 codebase.
- ‘Always request 3DS’ option has been added for the Braintree payments.
- PWA Studio v.12.5.x is now fully compatible with Magento 2.4.5 release.
- PWA Studio storefront collects the customer’s behavior for web analytics services through eventing.
- Store admin can deploy a service such as Google Tag Manager from the admin.
The Magento 2.4.5 has fixed over a hundred issues that were reported in the earlier versions. Some of the major issues fixed are listed below.
- Changing the Admin URL no longer throws an exception.
- Fixed issues related to Adobe Stock sign-out.
- The cart total for a bundle product is correctly calculated when the Product Subselect rule is applied.
- Fixed the DOM errors related to the address search pop-up on the billing step of the checkout workflow.
- A single login is now valid for multiple store views for shoppers with global account sharing.
- Issue fixes in the Admin Action Log report.
- A Correct price for the configurable products is displayed on the product page after changing its quantity.
- The system emails work completely fine with the email addresses containing “.-“.
- Error is displayed on the shipping page when the customer enters an invalid email.
- Fixed logo-related issues in the storefront print order/invoice/credit memo pages.
- Admin can now set the session size to 0 from the backend, which no longer logs out the admin.
- The admin can now translate the title of the ‘Show Password’ checkbox on various pages.
- Images on the product pages are now displayed perfectly without any flickering.
- Fixed the functioning of the unsubscribe URL in the email newsletter.
- Customer name is correctly displayed for the orders placed by guest customers with PayPal.
- Filtering products by color in the layered navigation now works perfectly fine.
- The table rate shipping amount is no longer calculated for the virtual products.
- Lengthy names in the product grid are word-wrapped.
Magento 2.4.5 – Official Release Notes
Magento enthusiasts can find more information about the latest release of the Magento 2 release line through the official release notes. You can find the Magento 2.4.5 release notes at:
The Magento 2.4.5 release is a massive update for store owners in terms of platform performance, quality, caching, payment enhancement, and more. The latest version of Magento 2 is better in every aspect and is worth upgrading to. You can also download Magento 2 latest version from the official resources.
Store owners, empower your store with plenty of improvements and new features by upgrading to the latest Magento 2.4.5 release. Enjoy the most secure, fastest, and an improved version of Magento 2.
If you have any doubts or queries related to the latest Magento 2 release, comment them below. I’d happy to help you! 😃
Also, do not forget to share this post with your Magento friends via social media.
Thanks for reading. 🍀