Are you thinking to Migrate to Magento 2 or have already created a new store using Magento 2? The very first thing you will require after getting migrated is to make it fully functional according to your business needs. Here’s where Magento 2 Extensions come into the picture.
Extensions are the block of code that helps extend the store functionality. They need to be installed correctly in order to leverage their features.
There are many ways to install a Magento 2 extension such as install from the archive, command line or via a composer. But here we’ll learn to install Magento 2 Extensions using the web setup wizard. The setup wizard enables easy installation, modification, and updating of extensions, components, etc. in Magento 2.
Before you dive into the tutorial, login to your Magento 2 admin panel. Also, you need to download the extension and move it to extension’s folders from the archive to your Magento 2 root directory.
Now your system is ready to follow the below steps!
Steps to Install Magento 2 Extensions Using the Web Setup Wizard:
- Navigate to System -> Web setup wizard.
- Click on the Extension Manager shown below.
- The Extension manager lists each component that is installed and can be used to synchronize any extensions you have purchased. As shown in the figure, click on the “Review and Install“.
- Here you’ll get the list of all extensions ready to install. Find the module that you want to install from the list and click on install.
- Start the readiness check.
- If you face readiness check error, as shown here, try to setup Magento 2 Cron Job. Check your Magento 2 System Requirements and make changes as required.
- Once the error is resolved, you’ll get the below screen indicating that readiness check is complete and you need to click “Next“.
- Create backup. It is advisable to take a backup before installing an extension.
Click “Next” when the backup is done.
- Now, you will see the installation process status.
Follow the above steps and the Magento 2 extension is installed!
Or you can refer other methods to install Magento 2 extension from Marketplace, via composer, or manually from zip files.
If you face any difficulty in the process, please mention it in the comments section below and I’d be happy to help you out. Also, let me know how this post has made your Magento extension installation easy!
Flash 5 stars if you liked the post!
Hopefully, the extension that you’ve installed following the above steps proves beneficial to your store!
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.