An E-commerce store category page is utilized not only to list products but a number of things like display offers or deals, add a content block, show banners, etc.
The default Magento 2 category page does not cater additional CMS block. However, the admin can add CMS block to show custom content on the category page.
You can change the layout of the category page as you want. Display additional elements with CMS static blocks on the category page easily.
The post shows the stepwise method to add static block to category page in Magento 2.
Steps to Add Static Block to Category Page in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Catalog > Categories
- Select the required category
- Expand Content section
- From the dropdown menu in the “Add CMS Block” select one of the options
- Expand the Display Settings
- Select “Static block and products” from the dropdown menu in the Display Mode field
- Save the category
After this configuration, the frontend will show the added static block:
Any doubts? If so, mention them in the Comments section below. I’d be glad to help you out.
You can also refer to the video tutorial to add static block to category page in Magento 2 from our Magento 2 video tutorial series:
Also, do share the post with Magento 2 store admins via social media.
- How to Add Custom Block in Checkout Success Page in Magento 2
- How to Add Block Before Add to Cart Button in Magento 2 Product Page
- How to Create New Pages, Blocks, and Widgets Using Magento 2 CMS
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.