Magento released the latest version, Magento 2.3.0 and there are changes in the basic Magento 2 admin panel menus and fields.
So, here I’m with a detailed post on how to create new pages, blocks, and widgets using Magento 2 CMS. The methods here are in reference to the latest Magento 2.3
Magento 2 CMS pages are used to display parts of your catalog or other details useful to the customers. Magento 2 blocks allow admin to add and control the chunks of HTML code that can be displayed throughout the store.
Widgets in Magento 2 CMS are reusable components that can be added to any CMS blocks. They offer a lot of features and extend the core functionalities.
Method to Create New Pages, Blocks, and Widgets Using Magento 2 CMS:
Create a New Page Using Magento 2 CMS:
Follow the below steps:
- Add a new page
- Enter the content
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pages in Websites
- Custom Design Update
Going through each step,
- Save the configuration with the “Save” button.
Create a New Block Using Magento 2 CMS:
- Navigate Content > Elements > Blocks.
- Click the “Add New Block” button.
- Enable Block status.
- Enter the “Block Title” which can be descriptive.
- Enter the “Identifier” which has to be unique and in lowercase. Do not use space, instead use the underscore. The identifier is the internal reference used by the system.
- Select the Store View to enable the block for.
- Enter the content for the block. You can place links, images, videos, tables, etc. in the content.
- Save the block configuration with the “Save” button.
Create a New Widget Using Magento 2 CMS:
- Navigate to Content > Elements > Widgets.
- Click the “Add New Widget” button
- Select the “Widget Type” that you want to create and the “Design Theme” that is to be used in the widget.
- Click on “Continue“
- Add the descriptive “Widget Title“
- Select the store views in “Assign to Store Views” where the created widget will be available.
- Enter the sort order. Enter 0 for the top position.
- Click on the “Add Layout Update” button under Layout Updates.
- Select the type of category or product page where the widget will appear, from the “Display On” dropdown.
- In Page, Container and Template lists set the block or section for the widget to appear.
- Click “Save and Continue Edit” to save these configurations.
- Under “Widget Options” select the block where you want to locate it.
- Save the configuration.
Clear cache after you create new pages, blocks, and widgets using Magento 2 CMS.
Hopefully, the above guide is helpful to you.
Any doubts in the process are welcome in the comments section below and I’d be happy to help.
Hit 5 stars if the post was useful to you!
Thank you 🙂
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.