30+ User Generated Content Statistics You Need to Know 
For every marketing and sales team, user-generated content, or “UGC” is a powerful form of content and they try every inch of their abilities to use it effectively. Customers also look for other customers’ experiences and opinions about any product before they come to conclusions.
UGC includes images, videos, text, and audio generated by the users and posted to social media, community pages, product/service review websites, forums, and so on.
Any content created by the employee is highly influential and affects the company’s brand image. User-generated content can help you maximize your brand image to reach people unfamiliar with your brand. People trust the experiences of real people, and for that fact, the content generated by customers, fans, or even employees is considered reliable. However, many companies and teams are still not using the power of user-generated content.
There could be many reasons for your UGC strategy going wrong, but fortunately, we have a list of user generated content statistics you need to know before you plan everything. Determining the major UGC stats of this arena can help you generate better ideas and on-the-point execution. ⚡
Important Areas of This Post
- User Generated Content Statistics 2022
- User Generated Content Helps in Building Trust
- User Generated Content as a Customer Engagement Booster
- Some Important User Generated Content Statistics for Ads
- The Impact of User-Generated Content on Brand Marketing
- UGC: Goldmine of Opportunities for Marketers
- User-generated Content Helps Enhance Website Visibility
- Final Words
Let’s dive into the UGC statistics!
User Generated Content Statistics 2022
In this era of ever-changing dynamics, people have started looking for authenticity more than ever.
Since they have access to a vast community where they can speak, there’s no looking back. Users trust the experiences of other customers before trying a product or service.
- 93% of marketers believe that user-generated content is trusted more than the content created by brands.
- Adding UGC makes the brand look more authentic, and 75% of marketers believe in this strategy.
- According to UGC statistics, 66% of marketers believe transparency with their customers is important.
- For successful content, 59.8% of marketers agree it should comprise high quality and authenticity.
Businesses can’t just ignore the benefits of user generated content. Let’s see how UGC is helpful for businesses through some stats and facts.
User Generated Content Helps in Building Trust
These days, the competition to get a customer’s trust is fierce. Brands are fighting to build trust, and customers have increasingly become fickle.
However, they have become more attentive in choosing the brand they will interact with. Customers are more passionate about authenticity than ever before. The benefits of customer reviews for businesses can not be just ignored!
- Supporting the importance of user-generated content, 76% of the customers purchased a product based on someone’s recommendation.
- According to the statistics of customer-generated reviews, 72% of customers believe it is more credible when other customers share their experiences rather than brands speak for themselves.
- 70% of customers look for customer reviews before making buying decisions.
- Customers’ voices continue to be heard, as 92% of consumers listen to people they know for referrals about products or services they trust.
- Consumers are 2.4 times more likely to view user-generated content than content created by any brand itself. The industry is becoming more and more authenticity-driven.
User Generated Content as a Customer Engagement Booster
UGC is a modern version of word of mouth. With opened-up conversations and tempting arguments, people are more likely to jump into discussions about your brand. UGC also helps build communities of people with something to say about your brands. Let’s see some user-generated content statistics related to customer engagement.
- 62% of consumers agree they are more likely to click on ads, social posts, emails, or websites that feature real customers rather than images solely created for advertising by the brand.
- Customers have become highly excited to engage in brand conversations and to be discovered by their favorite brands. 72% of users will agree when asked by a brand to use their content.
- 64% of the customers agree that when brands repost their content, they are more likely to create and share similar content in the future.
- UGC is so impactful that customers are even listening to brand requests. 60% of consumers hope more brands will tell their fans what content they want to create.
- Hashtags help identify the topic and theme of any digital discussion, grouping them. The user-generated content statistics show that 64% of consumers have tagged a brand on social using a hashtag.
Some Important User Generated Content Statistics for Ads
UGC is omnipresent in marketing campaigns; I mean, which company would not include reviews and testimonials about themselves?
People have become increasingly aware of what type of content is being served to them. Sharing and creating content based on what people think about you, can deeply affect your brand image. It is important to channel UGC so that customers visit you or at least discover your web channels.
Let’s consider some user generated content statistics for advertisements.
- Consumers have reported being 3 times more likely to access a brand’s social media content than any other type of content. This is a brand’s sign to make social media advertising more effective. Also, read Social Media Statistics.
- Being opinionated has become a trend in business, and consumers are 4 times more likely to buy from “purpose-driven” companies. “Purpose-driven” companies integrate a social or political message into their product, selling the entire philosophy.
- User-generated content in social media ads can reduce the cost-per-click by 50%.
- 6 in 10 marketers report their audience has engaged more with UGC through marketing channels than branded content.
- Brands have started using UGC in segmented campaigns for email marketing. Using hyper-personalized messages can help you gain customers’ attention. Brands that utilized UGC in segmented campaigns reported an increase of 760% in revenue.
- Too much self-promotion can affect your authenticity. The UGC stats show that 45% of consumers agree that they are more likely to unfollow a brand if it encourages too much self-promotion.
The Impact of User-Generated Content on Brand Marketing
Consumers turn to content about you on any communications channel before deciding. UGC acts as a trust signal. It is imperative to use this trust signal as the brands have access to millions of people on the web, ready to listen to them. It helps customers become more than just a spectator, and these user generated content statistics for branding justify it very well:
- Consumers spend an average of 5.4 hours on user-generated content.
- User-generated content-based ads get 4 times higher click-through rates than any other type of ad on average.
- 65% of consumers agree that a brand must include diversity in brand channels. By working on this, 71% of marketers plan to be more diverse, inclusive, and accessible in their content in the future.
- Campaigns, including UGC, result in 29% higher web conversions than campaigns lacking UGC. But wait! What’s the optimum conversion rate? Read these conversion rate optimization statistics to figure out.
- Email marketing statistics suggest that user-generated content can increase click-through rates by 73%, producing more conversions.
UGC: Goldmine of Opportunities for Marketers
Think about unboxing videos on YouTube or praise-filled posts on Instagram.
They serve you value.
They can be collaborated content or a golden day when your customer organically shares snippets of their experiences with you. This group of customers, brand loyalists, fans, and even employees is most enthusiastic about your business, and using their content to form various strategies can help you work wonders.
- Social media, advertising, and email marketing are the top channels that marketers use for user-generated content.
- 71% of marketers are planning to increase efforts in creating video content in 2022.
- According to the UGC statistics, 35% of the Gen Z audience believes UGC will become more credible than any form of brand content.
- Millennials have the most share in online purchases and contribute 70% to user-generated content on the internet.
- Visual content is more likely to be believed than written content. 63% of consumers believe visual reviews are more credible than written reviews.
User-generated Content Helps Enhance Website Visibility
User-generated content is the social proof of your authenticity.
With 4.95 billion people on the internet right now, trust the power of your website.
UGC is a type of channel you will have to optimize to get visitors to your site. Consumers who access UGC before they make their way to your site are highly likely to take further action since they have had a taste of your authenticity beforehand. These UGC stats show how it helps increase website visibility:
- The websites featured on user-generated content saw an increase of 29% in their web conversions.
- Websites that featured user-generated content saw a 20% increase in returning visitors. These websites also recorded a 90% increase in time spent on their website.
- When marketers used UGC as a call-to-action and encouraged people to click on their ads, an increase of 5 times in click-through rate was noticed.
As we have gone through the best of user-generated statistics, brands and organizations cannot deny the benefits of user generated content for business. Knowing these facts and statistics for UGC can help you generate high-quality content for your users and stimulate your consumers to make content for you. 🚀