A placeholder in Magento 2 store is a temporary image used for products until the permanent product images are available.
You may need to use the placeholders in Magento 2 store for one of the below reasons:
- Your product is under development or testing phase but you want to make it live in order to leverage the SEO benefits over time and make the product popular among potential customers or site visitors. In this case, if the product image isn’t ready yet, you can opt for placeholders as of now.
- The site is in staging and hence the developers may use placeholders when there aren’t any actual products available. This is the best option to understand the layout or image dimensions in the theme when the actual content is not available.
- Due to some glitch, you are not able to load the product image. It will frustrate the store visitors. Instead, temporarily you may use a placeholder until the issue is resolved.
It is better to have a branded placeholder than to have nothing!
The default placeholder in Magento 2 is the Magento logo. However, if you do not want to leave any chance of brand recognition, you may use your brand logo as the Magento 2 product image placeholder.
For that, you can follow the below steps to upload placeholder in Magento 2. Create an impression of reservation of product which is soon going to be available by using the placeholders in Magento 2!
Steps to upload placeholder in Magento 2:
- Login to the admin panel
- Go to Stores > Configuration > Catalog
- Select Catalog
- Expand “Product Image Placeholders”
- Upload the placeholder images for each role. You can either use the same or different images for each role.
- Save the configuration.
Please use the Comments section below if you have any doubts on the method to upload placeholder images in Magento 2.
Also, do not forget to share the tutorial with Magento 2 community via social media.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips,tricks,tutorials,and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.