E-commerce stores face fierce competition and therefore do not leave any stones unturned to offer the best shopping experience and services.
Magento 2 stores are no exception and hence I’ve come up with a tactic that has proved effective for enhancing the shopping experience. Implement the below method to show recently viewed products in Magento 2 and make it easy for customers to find their interested products.
The feature to display recently viewed products in Magento 2 store help customers find the products they might have viewed and kept the purchase on hold due to some reasons. Also, they might want to compare the previously viewed products with new products to make a purchase decision. Whatever the reasons may be, searching those products from category page or browsing through the store can be irritating. Hence make it easy for them with the feature to display previously viewed products in Magento 2 store!
The widget settings are to be configured in order to show recently viewed products in Magento 2. Check the stepwise method for the same.
Method to Show Recently Viewed Products in Magento 2 Pages:
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Content > Widgets.
- Create a new widget instance with the “Add Widget” button.
- Select the Type and Design Theme from the drop-down in Settings for the widget.
- Click Continue.
- Once redirected to StoreFront Properties, name the widget instance title, assign the store views and enter the sort order.
- Moving forward to Layout Updates, select the page and container from the drop-down options.
- Select the page
- Select the container
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Content > Widgets > Widget Options under widget.
- Enter the number of products and select its attributes to be shown. Also, choose the buttons to be displayed in the frontend for the widget.
- Save the configuration and Flush Magento Cache.
- The Recently Viewed Products widget is added as shown here:
Following the above steps, you’d be able to show recently viewed products in Magento 2 store for your customers! Enhance the shopping experience and hence improve sales.
The above method is easy to follow. However, any doubts regarding this widget can be posted in the comments section and I’d be happy to solve them.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.