An increasing number of people turn to their smartphones not just to make calls but also to browse news, shopping, and work too!
In 2021, 72.9% of all retail E-commerce is expected to be generated via M-Commerce as per Statista.
Thus, Magento 2 store owners cannot afford to ignore the traffic that comes from mobile devices. Preparing the Magento 2 store for M-Commerce is much needed now than ever.
If you are using a theme for Magento 2 store, it may be possible that it works fine on the desktop but looks messy on the mobile screen!
To offer your customers a consistent look and feel on every screen, the store owner can setup a separate theme for desktop and mobile in Magento 2 which activates a different theme based on the screen sizes.
Also, a theme appropriate for mobile may not be as good for a desktop or tablet screen. In such cases, follow the below solution to offer a uniform in-store experience to all the visitors across all the devices.
Steps to Setup Separate Theme for Desktop and Mobile in Magento 2
1. Login to the admin panel and go to Content > Configuration from admin panel.
2. Select your website and click on “Edit” button.
3. Open the “Design Rule” tab and click on “Add New User Agent Rule” under “User Agent Rules” section.
4. Enter the “Search String” and select the theme that you want to apply in mobile and click on “Save Configuration” button.
Search String contains the name of devices i.e:
/iPhone|iPod|BlackBerry|Palm|Googlebot-Mobile|Mobile|mobile|mobi|Windows Mobile|Safari Mobile|Android|Opera Mini/
Magento Luma theme in the Mobile Device:
If you have any doubts about this method, just mention them in the Comments section below.
I would be happy to help.
Feel free to share the solution with Magento 2 community via social media.
- How to Install a Theme in Magento 2
- How to Create Child Theme in Magento 2
- 18 Best Free Magento Themes for 2021
- Best Magento 2 Themes – Premium Responsive Themes for Magento 2 in 2021
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.