Attribute sets are the list of attributes that define the characteristics of a product. It is a template for a new Magento 2 product.
You are required to create a Magento 2 attribute set while creating new Magento 2 products or while upgrading Magento version or migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2. It can make the tasks easier like:
- Organizing products into groups
- Characteristics of a product at a place
- Import the product information
Create product attributes in Magento 2 and then follow the below steps:
Steps to Create Magento 2 Attribute Set:
- Login to admin panel
- Go to Stores > Attributes > Attributes Set
- Click Add Attribute Set
- Enter the Name of the attribute set
- Based On – Select an existing attribute set to use it as a template
- Save the configuration. You will be redirected to a page as shown in the below screenshot.
- The three columns here are as follows:
- Left column – Name of the attribute set. It is changeable and is used for the internal reference
- Center column – Displays the current selection of attribute groups
- Right column – Displays the list of attributes that are not assigned to any attribute sets.
- Add a new attribute to the set. For doing so, drag the attribute from the Unassigned Attributes list to the appropriate folder in the Groups column.
- Click Save
How to Use Attribute Sets in Magento 2:
While creating a product, you need to assign an attribute set to it.
It specifies the selection of fields that are used in the product.
The below image shows how to apply attribute sets while creating Magento 2 products:
Instead of following the above steps, you can also create attribute sets programmatically in Magento 2.
Any doubts about the Magento 2 attribute sets? Do mention them in the Comments section below. I’d be happy to help.
It would be nice of you to share the post with novice Magento developers via social media.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.