There is no pandemic that can set back the Magento community or stop them from improving with each version release!
And hence, Magento 2.4!
The latest Magento 2.4 version is released on July 28, ’20.
— Magento Commerce (@magento) July 28, 2020
Here was the official announcement to start the contribution, made in December 2019:
📣 We are gearing up for the @magento 2.4 release in 2020! Learn more about our plans for it and what improvements and shiny new API we want to include in it, as well as the logistical details, over in this blog post: https://t.co/Q5sPK9mwP8
— Magento Community Engineering (@MagentoEngCom) December 5, 2019
Magento is on fire!!
Every new release comes with features that make the E-commerce platform better in various aspects. And Magento 2.4.0 release is no different.
Magento 2.4 Release Highlights:
According to Magento, the latest version is capable to accelerate your business in the current Commerce landscape.
The Magento 2.4.0 release includes 98 new features, 68 bug fixes, 50 security changes, 7 test cycles, 12 packages & extensions as well as support for Php 7.4
Apart from these, you can leverage:
- 2FA security for Magento 2 admin panel
- Purchase approval workflows
- Seller assisted shopping
- In-store pickup
- New media gallery
- PWA Development
- Headless commerce
- Option to install time-sensitive security fix without applying hundreds of functional fixes
- A security-only patch to fix the vulnerabilities identified in the previous quarterly release, Magento 2.3.5-p1.
- Includes the hotfixes applied to Magento 2.3.5
- Includes 30+ security fixes to close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- Default 2FA for Magento admin panel
- The template filter strict mode is now enabled by default.
- Improved Content Security Policy
- Support for PHP 7.4, PHPUnit 9.x
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.x and MySQL 8.0
- Removed MySQL search engine
- Support for MariaDB 10.4
- The Zend Framework has been deprecated and migration to Laminas project
- Removed the support for Signifyd fraud protection code
- Core Braintree module removed
- Removed the integration of the Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay payment methods.
- Web Setup Wizard removed
- Composer update plugin
- Improved customer data section invalidation logic.
- Improved Redis performance
and much more
Magento 2 GraphQL is a data query language to offer an alternative to REST and SOAP web APIs for frontend development.
- Support for the Inventory In-store pickup using
- Get the list of categories that match a specified filter using the
- A logged-in user can add all the items to the cart from the previous order with
Other highlights of Magento 2.4
- Enhanced Adobe Stock Integration v2.0
- Improved Magento Media Gallery with a searchable interface
- Improved Inventory Management
- Page Builder now supports PHP 7.4 for Magento Commerce 2.4
- Support for PWA Studio 6.0.0 and 6.0.1
- Improvements in Vendor Developed Extensions such as dotdigital, Klarna, Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Vertex, and Yotpo
- Fixed issues and enhancements in cart and checkout, cart price rule, catalog, orders, shipping, and sales!
Moreover, the official resources have promised a new concept of the Storefront API to the platform!
Magento 2.4 Release Notes:
Cannot wait to download the latest Magento 2 version!
If you face a syntax error while installing Magento 2.4, just refer the solution here and you are good to go.
Surely, there’s going to be a lot more in Magento 2.4 for your Magento 2 store!
And a lot more conversations and debates at our office among the Magento developers! I’ll keep updating this post when I overhear the developers 😉
Till then, stay tuned, stay updated.
I would also like to know what do you think about the latest Magento 2.4 release in the Comments section below.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.