Magento 2.4.4 Version Released! – Read What’s New Here
Magento 2.4.4 version released by Adobe! Read complete details here.
Magento lovers! Be ready to upgrade your store to the latest Magento version released by the Adobe. Magento 2.4.4 is finally here with improved functionalities, performance enhancements, and plenty of minor bug fixes. On April 12, 2022, Adobe officially released the latest Magento 2.4.4 version. The store owners and developers can now download the latest Magento version.
The latest release of Magento has come up with some of the exciting features and improvements for the store owners and developers. According to the official Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 release notes, the latest released includes almost 250 bug fixes and quality enhancements. The release also fixes the RCE vulnerability addressed by the MDVA-43395 & MDVA-43443 patches.
⭐ Key Highlights ⭐
🔎 Support for Elasticsearch 7.16 & OpenSearch 1.2
✅ Fixed 250 known issues
🔐 Secure HTTPs by default
🔼 PHPUnit upgraded to latest v9.5.x
💫6x order processing performance
— MeetanshiInc (@MeetanshiInc) April 13, 2022
Lets have a look at what’s new in the latest Magento 2.4.4 version.
Magento 2.4.4 Release Highlights
Major highlights of the latest Magento 2.4.4 version released are listed below:
- HTTPS is now enabled by default for the Magento 2 storefront for enhanced security.
- Magento 2.4.4 supports Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2.
- Support for the latest version of PHP 8.1.
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is now supported by the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- Adobe has removed all the Vendor-bundled extensions from the latest release of Magento except Braintree.
- Page builder in Magento 2.4.4 now supports adding alt texts for images.
- Plenty of GraphQL enhancements and performance improvements.
- Fixed hundreds of known issues in the latest version for better performance.
Everything You Need to Know About Magento 2.4.4 Release:
Magento 2.4.4 has a lot to offer to the store owners and developers with enhanced security, performance and major bug fixes. The Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 release notes highlights all the improvements and enhancements in the latest version of Magento. Here is an concise extract of the same.
This time, Adobe has worked hard on the security part of Magento. The Magento 2.4.4 version has been released with some major security enhancements, which include:
- Session IDs are no longer store in the Magento database.
- Encryption of the OAuth access tokens and password reset tokens in the database.
- Google reCAPTCHA support for the coupon codes in Magento.
- Secure URLs (HTTPS) for storefront and admin by default.
- Limit the size and number of API resources that can be requested by the user through Web API.
Adobe has upgraded the latest Magento version with few platform enhancements for the Magento developers. Here are some of the important platform enhancements in the latest version:
- All the project libraries and dependencies are now compatible with PHP 8.1.
- Magento 2.4.4 version supports Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2.
- JQuery library version upgraded to 3.6 and Jquery-ui library upgraded to 1.13.0.
- The latest version of Magento supports TinyMCE 5.8.1. and has removed TinyMCE 4 from the codebase.
- PHPUnit upgraded to the latest version, i.e. 9.5.x.
Magento 2.4.4 release has been fully enhanced to deliver optimum performance by boosting the throughput order processing and message queue optimization. According to the release notes, the order processing efficiency has been increased by 6 times in the latest version.
- Introduction of AsyncOrder feature for better performance.
- ‘Enable Inventory Check On Cart Load’ configuration option to skip the inventory check for faster checkout.
- Memory limit for the cart operations now supports input variables volume.
- Magento 2.4.4 supports deferring total calculation during checkout for enhanced sales rules processing.
- PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is now compatible with the Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 version.
This Magento release includes the following GraphQL improvements:
- GraphQL in Magento 2.4.4 now completely covers the negotiable quotes.
- The performance of the GraphQL cart operations has been improved with reduced response time.
- The webonyx library of GraphQL has now been upgraded to version ^14.9 in the latest Magento version.
- New Relic in GraphQL with descriptive transaction names, making it easier to debug.
- Removed all Vendor-Bundled extensions with the exception of Braintree.
- The merchants can migrate to the following official extensions which are available below:
There are plenty of PayPal payment enhancements in the latest Magento 2.4.4 release, where are listed below:
- Support for the PayPal Venmo payment.
- Shopper’s location-based Pay Later option facility.
- Facility for the merchants to test the shopper experience by setting shoppper’s country.
- The checkout page accurately displays information about the number and amount of installments while using Pay Later.
The latest version of Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 comes with few accessibility updates that improves the experience of users with limited vision, or cognitive abilities. Some of the highlights of the accessibility improvements are:
- Adobe has improved the performance of the screen reader tools in Magento 2.4.4.
- Admin buttons have unique, accessible, and descriptive purpose.
- Images icons convey the better purpose and servers as an alternative to the text.
- Increased contrasts in Admin button for better visibility.
Adobe has fixed hundreds of known issues in the Magento 2.4.4 version release. Some of the major bugs and issues fixed in the latest Magento version are provided below:
- Magento cart and checkout page navigation accessibility errors have been fixed.
- Fixed add to card issues for the bundle products with fixed price and two options.
- The shopping cart quantity is reverted to old value if the new quantity in invalid.
- Fixed different issues regarding JS loading of customer data.
- Option to add more informative content to display to the customers on entering an invalid gift card.
- Watermark images with transparent background no longer shows white background.
- The product indexing issues have been in the latest Magento 2.4.4 version.
- Fixed errors that were displayed while completing the payment using Express payment method.
- Issues regarding the product ratings in the product list view has been solved.
Magento 2.4.4 Release – Official Notes
Magento store owners and developers can easily download the Magento 2.4.4 release notes from the official website. The direct links for the same have been provided below:
Magento 2.4.4 release is finally here with massive improvements and updates for the store owners and developers. The year 2022 is going to be filled with amazing Magento 2 features with this release
Store owners must Upgrade Magento 2 store from the previous Magento 2.4.3 release to the latest Magento 2.4.4 release to gear up with cutting-edge Magento features until the release of the next Magento 2.4.5. Stay tuned with Meetanshi for the latest Magento updates. Also read, How to Upgrade Magento 2 to Latest Version. Share your views regarding this Magento 2 version release in the comments section. Also, don’t forget to share this post with the Magento community via social media.
Still using older Magento version? Get Magento Upgrade Service by Meetanshi to update your Magento stores to latest versions.