Magento 2.2.5 Released – All You Need to Know [27 June, 2018]
Magento is on a roll!
Within a short time span after Magento 2.2.4 release, the next version Magento 2.2.5 is out on June 27, 2018, to fix the issues and bring new security enhancements. This new release focuses on product security and bug fixes.
The Magento Commerce 2.2.5 and Magento Open Source 2.2.5 is released for the merchants to upgrade to the latest Magento version and get the most out of it! The latest version is said to have overcome the bug fixes of Magento 2.2.4.
I’ll give a summary of key highlights of open source and commerce version of Magento 2.2.5 and the improvements in Magento Shipping. For a detailed understanding visit, Magento Open Source 2.2.5 Release Notes and Magento Commerce 2.2.5 Release Notes.
Magento Open Source 2.2.5 and Magento Commerce 2.2.5 Highlights
- Includes improvements to help close stored XSS, SQL injection, and cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities.
- The solution for the problems faced while upgrading to Magento 2.2.4 version.
- Substantial improvements to indexing performance.
- Over 150 community contributions.
- Improvements in core bundled extensions.
Magento Shipping Enhancements
- Merchants can now select carriers to use for returns and send a return label along with forward fulfillment with core returns.
- With batch processing, the merchant efficiency will improve as it makes easier to process a large volume of shipments in batches. Also, automation will increase.
- Collection points provide the ability for customers to designate a drop point rather than the residence for delivery by carrier.
Apart from these important features, there are some minor enhancements that include pagination to improve the Admin experience and multi-version API.
There is over 150 community contributed fixes but the important ones are here:
- Users can now create an account from the Order Confirmation page.
- Magento now correctly applies coupon codes that exclude bundle products unlike in the previous version.
- When sorting simple products, Magento now takes into account catalog promo price rules.
It is advisable for merchants to get the latest version for security purpose and take benefits of the new features. You can download the Magento 2.2.5 version from here.
Still using older Magento version? Get Magento Upgrade Service by Meetanshi to update your Magento stores to latest versions.