How to Install a Theme in Magento 2
A theme in Magento 2 provides a consistent look and feel in the store frontend or the admin area, with the help of custom templates, layouts, styles or images. Nowadays, people tend to judge a book by its cover and thus, a beautiful design and theme play an important role in site recognition. The Magento 2 themes are well known to provide better customer experience and interactive platform! Hence they are a must-have in your store infrastructure.
Before diving into the method to install a theme in Magento 2, take a look at the advantages of themes and how to choose the perfect one for your E-commerce business!
Advantages of a theme in Magento 2:
- The responsiveness characteristic makes it possible to offer the same environment to every user, regardless of the operative platform.
- The responsive themes provide a scalable platform, i.e., adding new features and functions to already built theme is easier.
- Improved security features with the Magento 2 themes.
- The responsiveness nature is appreciated by Google and other search engines, giving you the SEO benefit!
- Improved user experience, of course!
- Easy installation process (We’ll see here how easy it is to install a theme in Magento 2!)
- The free Magento themes are compatible with the new versions of Magento and are optimized for all important web browsers.
- Absolute uniqueness for your Magento 2 store with custom themes.
Points to keep in mind while choosing the Magento 2 Theme:
- A well-built store with elegant visual effect can work wonders. While an ugly theme can increase the bounce rate. Hence, focussing on the appearance, select a professional looking theme that represents your business.
- A robust theme with advantages of SASS, Bootstrap 3, HTML5, and CSS3 makes your store responsive.
- User friendliness themes with easy navigations, useful buttons, and neat arrangements are essential for your theme.
- It MUST be SEO friendly.
- Select the theme suitable for your business model.
- Select a theme that is compatible with multiple browsers to reach more audiences.
- A good color blend with your products and services!
- With the advanced use of social media, a social media friendly theme is appreciated.
Proceeding to the steps to install a theme in Magento 2, check the below method:
Methods to Install a Theme in Magento 2:
When you have a list of files in a zipped folder as a new theme, follow this method.
- Unzip the theme
Unzip the archive of the theme and spot the two directories: app and pub.
- Upload the files
- Navigate to the root directory of your Magento 2 store
- Upload the folders into the root directory.
- Run the commands
- Connect the store via SSH.
- Navigate to the root directory
- Upgrade the setup with these commands:The success of an E-commerce store is achieved by many things and a theme is one of the prominent element. Hopefully, the above tutorial has helped you enough to install a theme in Magento 2! If not, feel free to post your doubts in comments section below and I’d be happy to solve12php bin/magento setup:upgradephp bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Login to Admin panel
- Unzip the theme
Install via Composer
When you have a theme as a composer package, follow this method.
- Purchase a theme from Magento Marketplace.
- Achieve the Composer name of the theme;
- Navigate to the root directory and enter the below command:1composer require <vendor>/<name>:<version>;
- Wait till dependencies are updated;
- Run the below commands:1git add -A && git commit -m "Add theme" git push origin <branch name>
To verify that the theme is registered, follow the below steps:
- Login to Admin Panel and reload any of the backend pages after the theme is installed.
- Navigate to Content>Design>Themes
- Check if the theme is displayed on the right panel in the list of available themes.
The success of an E-commerce store is achieved by many things and a theme is one of the prominent element. Hopefully, the above tutorial has helped you enough to install a theme in Magento 2! If not, feel free to post your doubts in comments section below and I’d be happy to solve