E-commerce marketers are always trying to gather as much information possible about their customers. The customer data in the competitive market is valuable for an effective marketing strategy.
Also, knowing more about the customers helps E-commerce stores to understand purchase behaviour.
Magento 2 offers such features for the store owners that can help collect the customer info. This post shows one of these methods, to enable company field from address in Magento 2.
Asking customers about their company name in the registration form can give an idea about their financial status and purchase power. The marketers can accordingly push them for placing orders via emails or social media.
Steps to Enable Company Field From Address in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Customers
- Under Customer, select Customer Configuration
- Expand Name and Address Options section
- Set Required in the field “Show Company”
- Save the configuration
Now, in the frontend, the company field is displayed when the customer is required to enter the address:
If you have queries, feel free to ask in the Comments section below. I’d be glad to help you out.
Also, do share this post with the Magento Community via social media.
- How to Show Telephone in Customer Account in Magento 2
- How to Show Tax/VAT Number in Registration Form in Magento 2
- How to Enable Middle Name in Registration Form in Magento 2
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.