Magento 2 store owners leverage discounts to increase the average order value. When the discount is given, it is a human tendency that attracts the customers for buying products and services.
Catalog price rule in Magento 2 allows the merchant to set discounts based on a set of defined conditions.
This post explains how you can create Magento 2 catalog price rules.
Catalog price rules are triggered before the product is added to the cart and hence does not use coupon codes.
Steps to Create Magento 2 Catalog Price Rules:
- Create a New Catalog Price Rule
- Set Price Condition for Catalog
- Set Price Actions for Catalog
- Save and Apply the Rule
1. Create a New Catalog Price Rule
- Log in to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Marketing > Promotions > Catalog Price Rule
- Click “Add New Rule”
- Enter Rule Name and Description
- Set Yes to Activate
- Select the Website for which you want to apply the catalog price rule.
- Set Customer Groups based on your business requirement.
- Select From and To for selecting the duration of catalog price rule.
- Select Priority based on your needs.
2. Set Price Condition for Catalog
Expand Conditions and add the condition to which category or attribute set you want to add for the rule. Moreover, you can also specify condition combinations.
3. Set Price Actions for Catalog
Here, you can specify an action. If the condition is true then the action will be executed.
- Select various options for price actions in Apply dropdown option
- Set Discount Amount
- Set Yes in Discount subsequent rules based on your business requirement
4. Save and Apply the rule
Click on Save and Apply to apply the rule.
Now looking on the frontend and opening a product page of the shoes, you see here that the rule which we created is now applied.
Queries related to this post? Feel free to ask in the Comment section below.
I would be happy to solve your problem.
Also, do consider sharing this post with Magento Community via social media.
Related Post: How to Add Magento Shopping Cart Price Rules
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.