Search functionality is undoubtedly one of the most crucial features of any online store.
A powerful search helps the visitors find their desired products on the Magento 2 store quickly. It contributes to the improved in-store experience and quick purchase decision.
Whereas, if customers don’t get instant search results, they tend to bounce back and move on to your competitors.
Therefore, it’s essential to enhance the search feature, and Elasticsearch is one of the best ways to improve the search feature in Magento 2 stores.
The store admin can configure Magento 2 Elasticsearch to use its features like an open-source, readily-scalable, analytics, broadly-distributable, enterprise-grade search engine including textual, numerical, geospatial, structured, and unstructured.
Check the stepwise method to configure Easticsearch in Magento 2.
Steps to Configure Magento 2 Elasticsearch:
- Login to the admin panel
- Go to Stores > Configuration of your Magento 2 store.
- Click on the Catalog option of the Catalog tab
- Expand the Catalog Search and select the version of Elasticsearch in the Search Engine option
- Click on the Save Config button.
Configure the Elasticsearch Connection
To configure Elasticsearch, follow the below steps.
- Elasticsearch Server Hostname: Enter the server Elasticsearch server hostname. The default is localhost.
- Elasticsearch Server Port: Enter the Server port of Elasticsearch.
- Elasticsearch Index Prefix: Enter a prefix to determine the Elasticsearch index. For instance: Magento2.
- Enable Elasticsearch HTTP Auth: Select “Yes” to use HTTP authentication to suggest a username and password access Elasticsearch Server.
- Elasticsearch Server Timeout: Enter the number of seconds before the system times out here. The default number is 15.
Test Connection: To verify the configuration, click on the Test Connection button.
You can also refer the method to install Elasticsearch on Googlecloud
If you find any difficulty in the topic, do mention them in the Comment section below.
I’ll be glad to help you.
Don’t forget to share the solution with Magento Community via social media.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.