How to Add YouTube Videos in Magento 2 Product Pages
How about having an in-store sales person helping a potential customer to make a purchase in your Magento 2 store just like any other offline store? ?
Product videos are just like that! Videos bring a product to life! Videos can explain a product in a better way.
The store owners need to convince visitors about their products or services. Humans are visual creatures and respond to visual data more effectively rather than any other data types. So, adding videos on product pages describing the product and its features is the best way to present your products.
Before learning to add YouTube videos in Magento 2 product pages, take a look at the advantages you’d enjoy by doing so:
- Deliver your product usability and features quickly
- Get the visitors to focus on what you want to sell and get them to spend more time on your site.
- Videos surely drive traffic with the improved SERPs.
- Don’t let your visitors get bored with texts. Be entertaining!
- Stand out from the competitors’ crowd
- Increase the number of returning users with videos having tutorials, and consequently expose them to new buying opportunities!
According to Hubspot, 73% more visitors who watch product videos will buy and 58% of shoppers think that companies with product videos can be trusted! Keeping this fact in mind, we have come up with the tutorial to add YouTube videos in Magento 2 product pages. I have tried to explain the process step by step to make it easy to implement!
Steps to add YouTube videos in Magento 2 Product Pages:
Let’s see each of the above steps in detail:
- You need to login to your Google account and go to Google Developers Console.
- Land on API library page where you need to click on YouTube Data API, enable the API by clicking on Create Project.
- Navigate to Credentials tab, click Create Credentials
- Select the API Key option to get an API.
- Now move to Catalog > Products > Edit a product. Navigate to Images and Videos section of Product and click on Add Video.
- Enter the Product video URL from YouTube. If the API key is invalid or you haven’t added it yet, you will get an error message.
- After adding product video URL, click to save and jump back to the product page to check the video added.
As far as Vimeo is concerned, the process is much simpler. All you have to do is paste video URL, edit the description and hit save!
As adding a video is quite effective than adding a number of pictures, follow the above tutorial to add YouTube video in Magento 2 product pages, give buyers quality information and build trust.
You may ask any doubts on the topic in the comments section below.
Rate the post with 5 stars and appreciate us to come up with more such tutorials!