The date of birth customer attribute can be made mandatory by a store admin for multiple reasons:
- Identify customers’ age group
- Gather customers’ details for marketing strategy
- Target customers based on the products appropriate for their age.
Knowing the age of customers helps merchants to launch marketing campaign age group wise. It is also extremely beneficial to recognize the psychographic purchasing behaviour of customers based on age groups. For instance, E-commerce store owners come to know.
- What products are being purchased by the people whose age is between 18 and 24?
- What is the Average Order Value of customers whose age is between 25 and 30?
Magento 2 allows merchants to enable or disable the “Show Date of Birth” option in a customer account.
Additionally, if your store has an age restriction policy, using the method to add date of birth in registration form in Magento 2, you can set validations for the same!
Steps to Add Date of Birth in Registration Form in Magento 2:
- Login to Magento 2 admin panel
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Customers
- Under Customer, select Customer Configuration
- Expand Name and Address Options
- Set Required in the field “Show Date of Birth”
- Save the configuration
Now, the “Date of Birth” is displayed in the registration form:
You can also refer to the video tutorial to add date of birth in registration form in Magento 2 from our Magento 2 video tutorial series:
I would like to solve your problem.
Also, do share this post with Magento Community via social media.
- How to Change Number of Lines in Street Address in Magento 2
- How to Show Gender in Customer Accounts in Magento 2
- How to Enable Magento 2 Telephone Validation in Customer Registration
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.