E-commerce store owners must update their users with new content and make the store easily accessible to them. However, with the tough competition and lack of time, the users cannot take the time out to find your store.
Hence, RSS feed plays an important role to fetch the latest content of your store and serve it to the subscribers. As Magento 2 is the widely used E-commerce platform, I’ve come up with a guide to set up Magento 2 RSS feed.
Read everything about:
What is RSS Feed?
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication or RDF Site Summary. It is an XML-based data format that is used to publish your content online to customers and who register to follow the update of your products and promotions. Let the subscribers get information about any updates in your products, new blogs, discounts offered with an automated email.
Why does one need to set up the RSS Feed in Magento 2?
- Fetch the latest update from your store or blog
- Easy announcements
- Easy promotions
- Boost SEO
- Boost sales
Steps to configure Magento 2 RSS Feed:
- Login to admin panel
- Go to Stores > Configuration
- Under Catalog, select RSS Feed
- Expand RSS Config and enable RSS.
- Expand Wishlist and enable RSS
- Expand Catalog and enable RSS Feed for:
- New Products – Notify when a new product is added to the catalog.
- Special Products – Notify for a product with a special price.
- Coupons/Discounts – Notify when discounts are offered.
- Top Level Category -Notify of any difference in the top-level category structure of your catalog, which is displayed in the main menu.
- Expand Order and enable Customer Order Status Notification
- Save the configuration.
That was all about configuring the RSS feed in Magento 2.
Any doubts? Use the Comments section below to mention them. I’d be happy to help.
I’d be grateful if the readers share the solution with fellow developers via social media.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.