Magento 2 store owners employ marketing tactics that push customers for conversions. One of them is related, upsell, and cross-sell products. However, the concept of these products must be clear before using it in the store.
Related, Upsell and Cross-sell products help store owners in customer retention and offer the convenience of purchase by means of buying more, change the decision or pick a better buying option. They prevent customers from leaving the page and keep customers’ interest intact until the checkout process. By showing Related, Upsell and Cross-sell products in Magento 2, you can fine-tune marketing tactics to provide personalized suggestions based on customer behavior.
The post has a detailed explanation and methods to display, add or remove related, upsell, and cross-sell products in Magento 2.
You also refer here to understand the product relationship for Magento 2.
These are the products that might be useful with the products that a customer is already viewing or buying. For example, accessories of a selected item. Doing so, encourage the customers to buy the related items as well in addition to the intended purchase in the first place.
The related products are displayed with a checkbox to make the “add to cart” step easier! It helps to increase the number of items per order.
The products that are similar, but having better features and higher in price are the upsell products. The store owners tend to sell the upsell product rather than the product that the customer is considering, owing to its higher price and more profit!
The upsell products are meant to make customers spend more money on a better quality product! The upsell products are displayed on the product page to allow the visitors to check the better features, prompting to upgrade their choice!
The cross-sell products are displayed on the cart page as a last minute purchase before the customer checkouts. The intent is to make customers buy complementary products along with the main purchase.
Usually, the cross-sell products are small things that customers may buy without giving a second thought. While landing the store, they did not have any intentions to buy these products and made up their mind to add it to the cart before checkout.
Now that the idea between these products is clear, let’s proceed towards the method to display, add, or remove related, upsell, and cross-sell products in Magento 2.
Add Related, Upsell, and Cross Products in Magento 2:
- Log in to Admin Panel
- Go to Catalog > Products
- Go to the product edit page for which product you want to add the related, upsell and cross-sell products.
- Expand the Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells section.
- Click the “Add Related Products” button.
- Select the product you want to show as the related products and click “Add Selected Products“
- Click the “Add Up-Sell Products” button.
- Select the product you want to show as the up-sell products and click “Add Selected Products“
- Click the “Add Cross-Sell Products” button.
- Select the product you want to show as the cross-sell products and click “Add Selected Products“
- Save the product.
- Open the product page in the frontend and you’d see the related products and the up-sell products.
- Moreover, the cart page shows the cross-sell product.
In case you don’t see the changes implemented, you need to cache and index and then check the frontend.
Hopefully, the post will help you to improve the conversion rate in Magento 2 store!
Please mention your doubts in the Comments section below and I’d be happy to help 🙂
Do rate the post with 5 stars!