E-commerce business is now offering all the facilities that a customer can avail from offline shopping. One of them is the refund process. Customers may not be satisfied with the product bought online and may want to return it. In the case of Magento 2 stores, there is a default facility of credit memos for the refund purpose.
Store owners can create credit memo in Magento 2 in order to easily refund the shoppers’ money. The tutorial shows step by step method to create and print a credit memo in Magento 2.
Method to Create Credit Memo in Magento 2:
- Login to Admin Panel.
- Navigate to Sales > Orders.
- In the Order Management Grid, find the completed order that has to be refunded and click View.
- You’ll see the order details. Click the “Credit Memo” button. (Only in the cases of the completed orders, you can see this button.)
- You’ll see the credit memo page with the Items to Refund section that lists each item from the invoice.
- Complete the below tasks:
- If the product is to be returned to inventory, mark the Return to Stock checkbox.
- If the product is not be returned to inventory, leave the box unchecked.The Return to Stock checkbox appears only if inventory Stock Options are set to “Decrease Stock When Order Is Placed.”
- Complete the below tasks
- In the Qty to Refund box, enter the number of items to be returned. Press the Enter key to record the change. The Update Qty’s button becomes active.
- Enter 0 for the Qty to Refund of any items that are not to be refunded.
- Tap Update Qty’s to recalculate the total. (The amount to be credited cannot exceed the maximum amount that is available for refund.)
- In the Refund Total section, do the following:
- Enter the amount to be refunded from the shipping fee in the Refund Shipping Fee. first, it displays the total shipping amount from the order that is available for the refund. It is equal to the full shipping amount from the order unless any shipping amount that has already been refunded. The amount can be reduced, but not increased, similar to the quantity.
- In the Adjustment Refund field, enter a value to be added to the total amount refunded as an additional refund that does not apply to any particular part of the order like shipping, items, or tax. This amount entered cannot increase the total refund higher than the paid amount.
- Enter a value to be subtracted from the total amount refunded in the Adjustment Fee field. It is not subtracted from a specific section of the order such as shipping, items, or tax.
- In case the purchase was made using the store credits, check the Refund to Store Credits checkbox so that the amount is credited to the customer’s account balance.
- Use the Credit Memo Comments box to enter the comment.
- If you want to send an Email notification to the customer, check the Email Copy of Credit Memo checkbox.
- Tick the Append Comments checkbox if you want to include the comments you have entered in the email.
- Choose either Refund Offline (i.e., for cod method) or Refund Online (for online payments) refund options button according to the payment type, to complete the process and generate the credit memo.
- A comment can also be added to the completed credit memo. For that, scroll down to the Comments History section and enter the comment in the box. A history of all activity related to the order is listed below.
- The comment can be sent to the customer via Email. For that tick the Notify Customer by Email checkbox.
- The comment can be posted in the customer’s account with the ticked Visible on Frontend checkbox. Tap, Submit Comment.
- To check any credit memos associated with the order, choose Credit Memos in the left panel.
Method to Print Credit Memo in Magento 2
Install a pdf reader on the computer. For example, Adobe Reader.
Follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Admin > Sales > Credit Memos.
- Under Operation, click Credit Memos.
Now, there are two options you may choose after this step:
- Print a Single Credit Memo: click on Print button on the left top corner to print the current credit memo.or
- Print Multiple Credit Memos: Mark the checkbox next to the credit memos that you want to print. Now, choose PDF credit memos in Action box and then click to Submit.
Save the documents in your computer, open them in the Adobe Reader, and print the documents.
A bit lengthy but a detailed tutorial to guide you through creating credit memo in Magento 2! Hopefully, it helps ?
Do not hesitate to post your doubts in the Comments section below and I’d be happy to help.
Do not forget to flash 5 stars for my post.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.