SVG to PNG Converter
What is an SVG Image
An SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) image is a type of vector image that uses mathematical equations to draw the image, rather than using pixels. This means that SVG images can be resized without losing quality, unlike raster images such as JPEG or PNG.
SVG images are made up of shapes, paths, and text, which are defined using XML. Because of this, SVG images can be created and edited with text editors or specialized vector graphic editors, and can be easily manipulated with code.
SVG images are commonly used for logos, icons, print media and illustrations in scientific publications, because they can be easily scaled to different sizes without losing quality and can be styled with CSS. They can be rendered by most modern web browsers.
Limitations of SVG images:
- Limited color variations and image effects compared to raster images such as JPEG or PNG
- Requires knowledge of vector graphic design and XML
- May not be displayed correctly for users on older browsers
- Not suitable for photographs and other images that require a high level of detail
- Depending on the complexity of the vector graphics, they can be more computationally expensive to render and manipulate
What is a PNG Image
PNG (Portable Network Graphics) is a type of image file format that uses lossless data compression. It was created to replace the GIF format and has become a popular format for web graphics, particularly for graphics with transparent backgrounds. PNG images support a wider range of colors and can be saved at higher resolutions than GIFs. They also support an alpha channel, which allows for transparency and compositing.
Pros of PNG images:
- Lossless compression: PNG uses lossless data compression, which means that the image quality is not lost when the file is compressed.
- Transparency support: PNG images support an alpha channel, which allows for transparency and compositing.
- High-resolution support: PNG images can be saved at higher resolutions than other image formats such as GIFs.
- Wide range of colors: PNG images support a wider range of colors than GIFs.
Why Convert SVG to PNG
- Browser compatibility: Some older web browsers may not fully support SVG images, so converting them to PNG can ensure that the images will be displayed correctly for all users.
- File size: SVG images are often smaller in file size than raster images such as PNGs, but in some cases, the SVG image might be too complex or have too many elements which can cause the file size to increase. Converting the SVG to PNG can lead to smaller file size.
- Editing: Some image editing software may not support SVG images or have limited support. By converting the SVG to PNG, users can edit the image using more common software.
- Print: SVG files are not suitable for print as they are vector based and printers works on raster images. So it is necessary to convert SVG to raster image format like PNG for print.
- Ease of use: Some users may find it easier to work with PNG image, as it is a common image format and can be opened and viewed by a wider variety of software.
What is SVG to PNG Converter
An SVG to PNG converter is a tool or software that converts Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) files to Portable Network Graphics (PNG) files. The conversion process involves rasterizing the vector image data in the SVG file, resulting in a lossless, fixed-resolution PNG image.
How to Use SVG to PNG Converter Online
- Browse and upload the SVG image on free SVG to PNG converter.
- Click on the "Download PNG Image". You will have a new PNG image that can be opened, edited, and used as needed.