Magento 2.4.2 released on February 09, 2021.
The latest Magento 2.4.2 version focusses not only on performance and security enhancement but also on platform improvements! Download the latest version today to get the most out of Magento 2.4.2!
The store owners can offer a better shopping experience to their customers by upgrading to the latest Magento 2 version!
Magento 2.4.2 version release aims at offering more opportunities to E-commerce store owners to make their store a better place for online shopping.
The release of Magento 2.4.2 on February 09, 2021, includes more than 280 fixes to core code, 290 Github issues resolution, more than 30 security enhancements, and improved GraphQL.
Latest #Magento 2.4.2 version released 🚀
🍪Support for SameSite attributes for cookies
📍Adobe Stock Integration v2.1.1
👔Enhanced PWA Studio
🖼️Web-optimized images in content
⚙️Supports Elasticsearch 7.9.x & Redis 6.x
— Meetanshi 🚀 (@MeetanshiInc) February 10, 2021
Highlights of Magento 2.4.2 Release:
- Support for SameSite attributes for cookies.
- Supports Elasticsearch 7.9.x and Redis 6.x
- Facilitates using the web-optimized images in the content
- Adobe Stock Integration v2.1.1.
- Enhanced PWA Studio
and much more.
- Option to install a time-sensitive security fix without applying hundreds of functional fixes.
- The security-only patch 126.96.36.199 (Composer package 2.4.1-p1) to fix the vulnerabilities identified in the previous quarterly release, Magento 2.4.1.
- Includes the hotfixes applied to Magento 2.4.1
What is expected from the latest Magento 2.4.2 Release:
- More than 35 security fixes to close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- All core cookies support the SameSite attribute.
- Prevent malicious uploads as the file system operations across Magento components have been standardized and hardened
- Fixed the core content security policy violations
- Improved quality of framework and areas like:
- Customer Account
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
- Supports Elasticsearch 7.9.x
- Compatible with Varnish 6.4
- Supports Redix 6.x
- Compatible with Composer 2.x
- Boosted API performance
- Improved admin response time for deployments with large catalogs
- Natively supports the complex catalogs up to 20x larger than Magento 2.4.1
- Honors catalog permissions
- Updates to support remote purchasing assistance
- Support for localization
- Optimized product data retrieval for configurable products with many variants
- Internationalization and localization
- Multiple store support
- Better extensibility
- Google lighthouse for improved client-side performance
- My Account for Venia is now available
- New Role Resources for Media Gallery offers the merchants the ability to limit administrator access
- Merchants can control these actions:
- Insert media assets into content
- Upload assets
- Edit assets details
- Delete assets from the Media Gallery
- Manage folder structure
- Facility to use the web-optimized image rendition
- Supports Object storage and future extensibility
- Storing media files on AWS S3
Apart from these improvements, the Magento 2.4.2 also fixed issues related to advanced reporting, payments using Apple Pay, price sorting for the out of stock bundled products, currency in multi-site deployments, and many more!
The Magento Commerce 2.4.2 release includes
- Introduced B2B v1.3.1
- Complete the purchase orders using the online payment methods
- Improved Page Builder content migration and Page Builder CSS customization
Magento 2.4.2 Release Notes:
Now that you have the idea of the latest Magento 2 version highlights, act instantly!
Upgrade your store to the latest Magento 2 version today! Explore the features of Magento 2.4.2 and get the most out of it for your business until the release of Magento 2.4.3 in July 2021!
Also, do check Magento 2.4.1-p1 and Magento 2.3.6-p1 that are released along with Magento 2.4.2.
Please use the Comments section below to let me know your reactions on the latest Magento 2 version release.
Also, do not forget to share this post with Magento Community via social media.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.