Magento 2.4.1 released on October 15, ’20.
The latest Magento 2 version is the proof of ever-learning, ever active Magento community that cannot be stopped no matter the shifted working system, pandemic, or any 2020 disaster!
Ready your online store ahead of this Holiday Season with Magento Commerce 2.4.1. Learn about the latest release of Magento Commerce here: https://t.co/sec2Ue5mLW#MagentoCommerce pic.twitter.com/VJhe5RV15d
— Magento Commerce (@magento) October 15, 2020
Download the latest Magento 2 version to enhance the performance and security of your store, because that is what the new release is all about!
Check the overview of the latest version of Magento 2 here:
Highlights of Magento 2.4.1 release:
- Support for SameSite attributes for cookies.
- Included the CAPTCHA protection for payment and order related API endpoints.
- CAPTCHA on Place Order frontend page
- 150 fixes to core code
- More than 15 security enhancements
- Improvements in GraphQL, infrastructure, performance, PWA Studio, and much more!
- Option to install a time-sensitive security fix without applying hundreds of functional fixes.
- The security-only patch 126.96.36.199 (Composer package 2.4.0-p1) to fix the vulnerabilities identified in the previous quarterly release, Magento 2.4.0.
- Includes the hotfixes applied to Magento 2.4.0
- Includes 15+ security fixes to close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- Includes CAPTCHA protection to:
- Place Order storefront page and REST and GraphQL endpoints
- Payment-related REST and GraphQL endpoints.
- Support for SameSite cookie attribute in order to support the Google Chrome enforcement of the new cookie classification system
- The enhanced Magento Scanning Tool allows the merchants to get real-time insights into the security status of their site through proactive detection of malware and reduction of false positives.
- Allow the store users to clear the contents of their shopping cart in a single action
- Improved quality of the Framework
- Improvements in:
- Customer Account
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
- Reduced the size of network transfer between Redis and Magento.
- Hence, a decrease in network cache size and execution time for many scenarios
- A decrease of 20% in consumer queue CPU consVenia mini-cart experience motion that resulted in increased control over consumers and saves server resources.
- Improved execution time for “bin/Magento” commands
Allows the merchants to perform the following in the media gallery which is now enabled by default in the admin panel:
- Bulk image delete
- Identify the duplicate and unused images on the storefront, hence optimizing the media storage
- Filter images by the storefront area
- View metadata from the images, edit it, and search for images by metadata
- Allow customers and guests to write product reviews. Customers can also retrieve their product review history
- Allow customers and guests to add a gift message to their order.
- Allow customers to view details about their order histories, including invoices, shipping, and refunds.
- Allow customers to add these product types to the cart:
- Gift Card
- Allow logged in customers to store the payment details
- Updates to the Venia style guide
- Enhanced Venia mini-cart experience
and much more
Apart from these, the Magento 2.4.1 release includes the Adobe Stock Integration v2.1.0., Magento Functional Testing Framework 3.1.0, and fixed issues in the Magento 2.4.1 core code
The Magento Commerce 2.4.1 release includes
According to Magento, the latest version is capable to prepare your store for the upcoming holiday season as it offers:
- Improved PageBuilder that supports full-screen mode for easier editing of content and consistent experience editing content across the admin.
- Sitewide analysis tool dashboard integration
- Improved B2B Shipping methods
- Improved shopping cart
- Introduces new admin features
Magento 2.4.1 Release Notes:
Now that you know what the latest version has to offer, you surely cannot afford to miss these exciting features. Upgrade to the latest Magento 2 version as soon as it releases!
But it requires expertise to risk the upgrade process on your own. The easy way out is Meetanshi’s Magento 2 Upgrade Service that helps upgrade your store to the latest version of Magento.
Offering a secure upgraded shopping platform to the customers is a must in order to stand in the competition. And that is what the Magento 2.4.1 version is all about!
Apart from this, also have a look at the Magento 2.3.6 version released along with Magento 2.4.1.
Do let me know what you think about the upcoming version in the Comments section below.
Get acquainted with this Magento 2 version until the release of Magento 2.4.2 in January 2021!
Till then, keep sharing this post with Magento Community via social media.
Get Weekly Updates
Never miss Magento tips, tricks, tutorials, and news.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.