Magento 2.3 End of Life [Everything You Need to Know]
Adobe Commerce, formerly known as Magento, recently announced a new Lifecycle Policy. Presently, Magento 2.4.X has taken place for Magento 2.3, and Adobe has officially announced that the support for Magento 2.3 will end in September 2022.
Magento 2.4 was released in July 2020. There are a number of eCommerce stores running on Magento 2.3. Currently, nearly 40,008 live websites are running on Magento 2.3. All these websites will be able to continue their business even after the end of life for Magento 2.3. The term “Magento 2.3 End of Life” may seem to be threatening enough. But, with the most appropriate resources, the businesses can easily modify the changes to their existing website, ensuring high security.
Many stores are still running on Magento 2.3 and might be thinking to upgrade their store to the latest Magento 2.4 version. Don’t worry; the skilled Magento developers at Meetanshi are here to help you and take your online store to the next level. In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about the end of support for Magento 2.3.
Table of Contents:
- What Does Magento 2.3 “End of Life” Mean?
- Top Reasons to Upgrade to the Latest Magento 2.4 Version
- What to Do to Avoid the Magento 2.3 End of Life Related Issues?
- How Can Meetanshi Help you Upgrade to Magento 2.4?
Let’s get started!
What Does “Magento 2.3 End of Life” Mean?
Magento 2.3 End of Life marks the sunset of the older Magento release line. This means that the stores running on the older versions of Magento 2.3 release line will no longer receive any updates and get official support. Let’s understand how it will affect the stores running on Magento 2.3.
No Further Updates
Magento 2.3 will be superseded soon, so there will be no further updates. The updates mainly comprise security patches, quality, bug fixes, and PCI compliance. There will be a high risk if you are using Magento 2.3 version after it enters the EOL phase. Certain stores and customers’ data can be at risk as the unsupported version does not have access to these updates, which can even be harmful to your eCommerce store.
No Official Support
They may not only stop providing the updates but also, the support tickets will not be valid for unsupported Magento versions. The online store owners might require technical support regularly, as the Magento platform is not provided with high security and technical updates. In case of any technical assistance is required, you need to get it resolved by taking help from your technical team and couldn’t expect to get support from the official team.
Incompatible with Marketplace Extensions
The latest extension releases on the official Magento marketplace will no longer promise Magento 2.3 compatibility. Over time, the store owners cannot access specific extensions required to run your store effectively. The online store owners cannot avail of other new extensions or features to run their store efficiently. Certain functions in your online store may not function well and cause numerous issues in your eCommerce store.
No Official Documentation
The official Dev Docs documentation will be removed from the website for the outdated versions of Magento. However, the developers cannot even use them in the future in case of any needs or implement any other functionality in your store. You may face several issues as you cannot get the proper developer documents; thus, it might be difficult to resolve your issue without any documentation.
Top Reasons to Upgrade to the Latest Magento 2.4 Version
Many questions may arise in your mind: Should you upgrade to the latest Magento 2.4 version? If the answer is yes, there are a couple of reasons to make a switch. Some of the top reasons to upgrade your online store to the latest Magento 2.4 version over Magento 2.3 are listed below:
- Magento 2.4 upgrade comes with additional security features, bug fixes, support for 2FA, and much more. As a result, this will make your store more secure with such unique features. You can gain an advantage from regular security patches with every new Magento update.
- Buy Online, Pickup In-Store Support is one of the unique features at the time of the Magento 2.4 release. If you have a brick-and-mortar store, it would be easy to integrate such functionality into your store.
- The media gallery of the latest Magento 2.4 version is approximately 30 times faster compared to other versions.
- Offers much better performance as compared to Magento 2.3, along with certain improvements in search functionality, checkout pages, store catalogues, and much more. Thus, you may experience a fast loading speed and boosted conversion rates once you upgrade to the latest Magento 2.4 version.
- Supports both PWA 6.0.0 and 6.0.1. that makes it easy to create Progressive Web App Storefronts for your online store.
- Updated user interface.
- Improvements in payment mechanisms.
What to Do to Avoid the Magento 2.3 End of Life Related Issues?
The most common issues that eCommerce store owners face include vulnerability to security threats, support, and PCI compliance. The best way to overcome such issues is to upgrade to the latest Magento version. Upgrade Magento 2 to the latest version can only be the ultimate choice for the store owners.
How Can Meetanshi Help you Upgrade to Magento 2.4?
At Meetanshi, the skilled Magento developers can help upgrade Magento version with ease. We perform everything from creating new stores to platform migration and upgrade processes. To upgrade Magento 2.3 to 2.4, you only need a team of skilled professionals, knowledge, and tools.
So, don’t wait. Jot down your business requirements and design your plan accordingly. We would be happy enough to work with you!
Reach out to us, and we’ll make sure that your website is upgraded successfully!
Magento Upgrade Service
Make an upgrade to the latest Magento version for improve performce and security. Enjoy the platform enhancements and improve the efficiency of your online store by upgrading your store to the latest version of Magento 2.