After witnessing the major Magento 2.3.0 release in November 2018, we are all prepped up to get going with Magento 2.3.1!
The Magento geeks were waiting to discover the surprises that were in the store for them in Magento Open Source 2.3.1 and Magento Enterprise, and it’s out now on March 26, 2019.
The latest Magento 2.3.1 includes Page Builder Content editing tool, developer and security updates, inventory and performance enhancements and much more!
#MagentoCommerce 2.3.1 is now available! New features like Page Builder and @PayPal smart buttons and more enhancements empower merchants and help them scale for growth. Learn more: https://t.co/DKwsGqX5ZK pic.twitter.com/VLYPRXFQFw
— Magento (@magento) March 26, 2019
The latest version comes with many features that can be useful for enhancement of store functionality, customer experience and eases the admin tasks. They are:
- Introducing the Page Builder tool in Magento Commerce edition!
- Enhancement in the order creation from the admin panel.
- Released Inventory Management with the support for Elastic Search 6.0, Distance Priority Source Selection algorithm (SSA), and in-store pickup fulfillment options.
- The Progressive Web Apps (PWA) Studio update with full Venia B2C and B2B themes.
- Includes the Authorize.net extension, owing to the MD5 Hash End of Life & Signature Key Replacement!
- B2B enhancements with improved performance, user-friendly admin, and ability to handle up to 3000 addresses on B2B customer accounts.
- Magento Global Shipping coverage with DHL Express, UPS, and FedEx to benefit merchants as well as customers.
- GraphQL with the coverage of B2B APIs
- Updates in the integrations with Vertex, Amazon Pay, Dotmailer, and Klarna.
- Magento Shipping Improvements with the built-in click & collect functionality and shipment cancellations.
- Added Amazon Sales channel through the Magento Sales & Advertising Channels system
No more coding to develop attractively designed store pages with Page Builder Tool:
- The Page Builder tool is available for the Magento Commerce 2.3.1
- Zero coding to develop beautifully designed store pages to the visitors!
- Includes the drag and drop content creation feature.
- Check the live previews during the storefront design
- Form editors for easy data collection
- Content block editors to offer updated and enhancing designed content. And more!
Features to enhance the security of your Magento 2.3.1 store:
- 30 security enhancements
- Includes security patch PRODSECBUG-2198 to address the SQL injection vulnerability.
- Security fix to close Remote Code Execution (RCE), Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), arbitrary code execution, and sensitive data disclosure vulnerabilities.
- Patch to secure the Payflow Pro payment method against fraud activities.
Cart and Checkout Improvements:
- No more infinite loading indicator for the error during checkout.
- Flawlessly functioning “Clear Shopping Cart” button unlike in the previous version.
- No more expired gift cards applied to a customer’s account.
- No more mini cart layout issues
- Correct counter values for the grid and accurate pagination displayed in the Cart Price Rule page
and many more!
New Features for Magento Shipping:
- “Cancel Shipment” in Shipment to cancel a shipment that is yet to be dispatched.
- Easily access the Magento Shipping portal with Magento Shipping credentials that are stored in your Magento instance.
Not only Magento 2.3.1, but the merchants also saw the release of the following Magento versions:
- Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.2.8 and 2.1.17
- Magento Open Source 22.214.171.124 with Magento SUPEE-11086.
- Magento Commerce 126.96.36.199
Upgrading to the latest version of Magento 2 ensures security against spams and facilitates the customers with helpful features. However, the process is complex and hence the tutorial to Upgrade Magento to the Latest Version! Also, you can download the latest Magento 2.3.1 version from here.
So which Magento 2.3.1 feature excites you the most. Let me know by commenting below.